27 March 2017
Reference: Vacancy20170327 (vacancy download)
- Now Hiring: Researcher for Drug Discovery Laboratory -
At UbiQ we develop and commercialise ubiquitin-based research tools, enabling drug discovery in the rapidly expanding ubiquitin field. Our products are targeted at Pharmaceutical companies and Academic research labs. Moreover, we develop assays for high-throughput screening both for internal drug discovery projects and those partnered with other Pharmaceutical companies. Lately, we have been focussing increasingly on our own drug discovery programmes, based on novel technologies that we have recently developed. For example, we are rationally developing mechanism-based covalent inhibitors of the enzymes involved in protein SUMOylation. Many Myc-driven tumours appear to critically depend on hyper-SUMOylation. SUMOylation inhibitors can revert the hyper-SUMOylation state and thus specifically kill Myc-driven tumours. UbiQ is now looking for an early career Researcher to join our Drug Discovery team to support this programme.
As a Researcher in the Drug Discovery team your responsibilities will include:
- setting up and executing biochemical assays to profile SUMOylation inhibitors. Assays will include enzyme turnover and ligand binding assays in microtiter format (fluorescence intensity, fluorescence polarisation, FRET, luminescence), as well as activity-based protein profiling (SDS-PAGE) and immunoblotting
- analysing assay data using plate reader and imaging software, as well as Microsoft Excel
- collaborating efficiently with our international team of researchers
- presenting your work at team meetings
- supporting back-office sales activities, as a minor part of your activities (approx. 10% of time)
The Researcher will report to the VP Translational Drug Discovery.
The salary will commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
Profile and essential skills
- a BSc degree from a University of Applied Sciences or a Master’s degree (MSc)
- skilled in biochemistry and the assessment of enzyme inhibitors, while knowledge on cancer biology and cancer therapies is preferred
- skilled in quantitative and qualitative data analyses
- excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- Industrial/Pharma experience is preferred
- team player, willing to go the extra mile
- available to start in Q2 2017
- having a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands, EU applicants welcome
Interested candidates should send a CV, two references and motivation letter under our reference ‘Vacancy20170327’ to Boris Rodenko, email@example.com.
Closing date: 17 April 2017
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will take place in April/May 2017.